Nolan, Giere & Company elevates the value of our comprehensive line of business accounting and consulting services through our Client Service Teams. We tailor teams with the expertise, experience and understanding applicable to each client’s needs and business type.
The closely-held businesses we serve look to us as their partner, as we build strong relationships and shared objectives that yield better decisions and results for long-term success.
Nolan, Giere & Company’s specialized Client Service Teams have the experience and expertise to partner with a wide range of businesses and address their industry-specific concerns:
When you’re making critical decisions about the future of your business, do you wonder – and second-guess – whether you have all the necessary information to make the best choice?
The business consulting professionals of Nolan, Giere & Company help businesses identify and analyze the most relevant data. We partner with our business clients throughout the process of finding opportunities and reaching solutions.
Our clients value our proven problem-solving skills and our teamwork approach to serving them at pivotal times in their business.
Examples of our business consulting services:
• Projections, budgeting and goal setting
• Business expansion
• Business sales, acquisitions and mergers
• Lease-buy decisions
• Equipment purchase and sales
• Real estate sales and acquisition
• Business problem-solving
Through our accounting and auditing services, we provide clients financial statement products of the highest quality – in a timely manner. And we add value to the process by looking beyond the numbers to provide clients insight and recommendations that enable them to make better business decisions. This comes from our years of experience and expertise in serving business clients from a wide range of industries.
• Audit, review, compilation
• Accounting systems
• Agreed upon procedures
• Internal control analyses
We’re proud to say that many of the business clients we began serving in our early days in Troy, Ohio – in the 1940s – still depend on Nolan, Giere & Company today. We have helped them successfully transition from one generation of family ownership to the next.
For this reason, business succession planning is one of our specialties.
Successful transfer of a family-owned business to the next generation doesn’t happen naturally. It requires thoughtful consideration, careful planning and the guidance of an experienced business advisor. We work closely with our clients and their other advisors to develop and implement tax and financial strategies that promote the business’s future well-being, while meeting the emotional and personal needs of the people involved.
• Gift and estate planning
• Deferred compensation planning
• Installment sales
• Cash flow planning
• Valuation services
• Trust planning
• Entity selection planning
• Shareholder agreement planning
As a small business owner, you rely on accurate, timely financial information to help you make the best business decisions possible. Taking the time to compile this information, however, can take your attention away from managing and building your core business operations.
This is why Nolan, Giere & Company offers comprehensive, interim accounting services – to provide small businesses like yours information that result in better decisions.
• Interim financial statements
• General ledger maintenance
• Account reconciliations
• Depreciation schedule maintenance
• Budgeting and management reporting
• Temporary controllership services
• Peachtree and QuickBooks support
• Payroll tax return preparation
• Sales and use tax return preparation
• CAT return preparation
• Year-end wage and tax reporting
• Preparation of Form 1099s
As a business owner you know that tax law changes continually. It’s difficult to keep up and know for certain that you’re complying with current tax code and taking advantage of credits and incentives that are available to you.
With Nolan, Giere & Company as your tax advisor you can be certain that you are operating with the most up-to-date information available. Members of our professional staff have earned advanced degrees in taxation and are experienced in developing effective strategies to fit clients’ personal situations.
• Tax planning and projections
• Tax reporting and compliance
• Research and review of complex tax issues
• International tax planning and compliance
• State and local tax planning and compliance
• Merger and acquisition tax planning and analysis
• Stock option planning
• Payroll tax preparation and reporting
• Tax controversy representation at all levels